Join the Rumsey Station PTO: Paying members can vote at the general assembly and will receive the 2022-2023 Directory. Membership can be paid through the PTO PayPal or via check (payable to the Rumsey Station PTO). You can sign up here. Membership is $20 per household.
Why Join the Rumsey Station PTO?
- Students Benefit - Participating in your child’s school and showing engagement helps them perform better academically.
- The School Benefits - The PTO sponsors classroom parties, gives cash for staff (classroom enrichment), and purchases books for our Library. Some long term items purchased for the school, included but are not limited to, Gaga ball pit, water bottle fillers, and playground equipment. The PTO plans and executes several fun events such as movie night, Bingo for Books, and restaurant night outs.
- Make Connections - Each member receives a school-wide student directory. Excellent opportunity to get to know teachers and staff as well as make friends while you volunteer and serve your community.
Would you like to be the first to know about Volunteer Opportunities in the school?
Below is a list of proposed activities for the 2022-2023 school year. If you are interested in volunteering for an event, click on the event below and type Rumsey into the Signup Genius! (signup Genius for 2022-2023 school year coming soon!)
- Fundraising: This year Rumsey Station has partnered with Boosterthon to host a Fun Run for the kids to help meet this year's fundraising goal. If you would like to get involved with the planning, help pass out the prizes, or even help on the event day, this is for you.
- Working Wednesdays: Come on in and help the staff with some of the projects that they need for their classrooms. It's a great way to get involved and help the school at the same time.
- Popcorn Days: Looking for a way to bring smiles back to the school? Four times a year, we provide a special treat for students and staff! We are looking for volunteers to help pop, bag, and handout the popcorn. The PTO will provide supplies.
- Treat Yourself Tuesdays: This year we would like to show our Rumsey staff our appreciation all year long! To do so, we will be asking different grade levels to bring in special treats to be put in the lounge on Tuesdays! Stay tuned for your child's turn to make our Rumsey staff smile!
- Trunk or Treat & Glow Party: Back by popular demand! Please consider decorating your trunk and participating in our Trunk of Treat! If that's not for you but you still would like to volunteer, we are in need of volunteers to work together with the PTO to plan, set up and tear down the Glow Party in the gym immediately following Trunk or Treat. The Trunk or Treat and Glow party are scheduled for October 28, 2022.
- Ornament Decorating Party: It's time to decorate! Volunteers will be working together with the PTO to set up, tear down and help students and parents with their projects. The Ornament Decorating Party is scheduled for December 2, 2022.
- Movie Night: This year the PTO will be hosting a Movie Night in our gym! The Movie Volunteers will work as a team with the PTO to help set-up, run concessions (popcorn!), chaperone during the event, and to assist with tear down. Movie Night is planned for January 27, 2023.
- BINGO for Books: It's BAAAACK! We are looking for volunteers to work together with the PTO to plan, set up, run and tear down BINGO for books. BINGO for Books will take place during the book fair, exact date TBD.
- Family Picnic: We would love to finish off the school year by celebrating with all of our new friends and their families! Volunteers will work together with the PTO to plan, set up and tear down the picnic. The Family Picnic is scheduled for May 19, 2023.
- DARE (6th Grade Only): The DARE Volunteers will work as a team directly with their student's teachers to plan, assist with the activities and coordination for the DARE Program.
- Harvest Party: The Harvest Party Volunteers will work as a team directly with their student's teacher to plan, assist with the classroom during the party, and to take pictures of Harvest Party on October 28th.
- Parent Teacher Conference Meals: Because our teachers aren't able to leave for dinner, we are going to coordinate catering to feed them during Parent/Teacher conferences. We will be asking for monetary donations as well as paper products, drinks, and dessert.
- Winter Party: The Winter Party Volunteers will work as a team directly with their student's teacher to plan, assist with the classroom during the party, and to take pictures of Winter Party on December 16th.
- Valentine’s Day Party: The Valentine's Day Party Volunteers will work as a team directly with their student's teacher to plan, assist with the classroom during the party, and to take pictures of Valentine's Day Party on February 17th.
- Staff Appreciation Week: We are looking for volunteers to help coordinate activities, snacks, meals etc. for our staff to show them our appreciation. Staff Appreciation Week is scheduled for April 17-21.
- 6th Grade Party: The time has come to say good-bye to our 6th graders. Let's celebrate their time here and send them off in style. The 6th Grade Party Volunteers will work as a team directly with their student's teacher to plan, assist with the classroom during the party, and to take pictures of 6th Grade end of year party.
- Field Day: The end of the year has come. Let's celebrate as a school on Field Day. The Field Day Volunteers will work as a team directly with their student's teacher and PTO to plan, assist with the classroom during the day, and to take pictures.
Please always feel free to reach out to us at rumseystationPTO@plcschools.org.
Ways to Earn Money for Rumsey Station Elementary School:
Box Tops 4 Education: Box Tops is changing to fit today's families. The new and improved Box Tops mobile app uses state-of-the-art technology to scan your store receipt, anytime within 14 days of purchase, find participating products and instantly add Box Tops to Rumsey Station’s earnings online. Traditional Box Tops clips are being phased out of production, but may continue to be found on many products throughout the store to remind you to scan your receipt. $934,906,604 Total school earnings with Box Tops since 1996...and counting
Baker's Rewards: BakersPlus is committed to helping local communities grow and prosper. Year after year, local schools, will earn money through Baker's Community Rewards. Just add Rumsey Station to your Community Rewards.
Coke Points: Through Coca-Cola Give, you can support Rumsey Station by donating your codes. Enter the codes from bottle caps, 12-packs & cases of Coke, Powerade, Minute Maid & Dasani.
TAGG: This app allows you to scan receipts from local participating TAGG Businesses so Rumsey Station gets a kickback! Download the app here. If you'd like to refer a business to partner with TAGG you could earn $25 or $50 just for encouraging businesses to join TAGG! Learn more here: www.
Amazon Smile: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Rumsey Station every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. Visit AmazonSmile smile.amazon.com, and select a Rumsey Station to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation to Rumsey Station.
PayPal: An online method to donate money directly to the Rumsey Station PTO.