Additional Resources for Families
Additional Food resources:
- Food bank of the Heartland-mobile pantry sites updated online weekly https://foodbankheartland.org/covid-19/ or call 1-855-444-5556
- Tri City Food Pantry- Serving the Communities of La Vista, Papillion and Ralston. Referrals are received from St. Vincent de Paul Society, local pastors, school social workers, Sarpy County Human Services, Veteran’s Services, children's physicians and other accredited agencies. 402-552-7061 www.tricitypantry.org firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarpy County Helpline for families that need help with food/medication deliveries: 402-593-1593
- OPPD – Suspended all electric utility shutoff action until the end of April. Do not quit paying the bill completely if you don’t have to but instead know you can make payment arrangements or pay small amounts as available. OPPD Customer Service 402-536-4131
- Black Hills – Suspending shutoff also. Customer Service 888-890-554
- For utility assistance you can also call NE Dept of Health & Human Services 402-595-1258 and Emergency Assistance at 402-444-6666
- Cox Internet - Two months of FREE internet through COX Connect2Complete program.
Apply directly at https://www.cox.com/residential/internet/connect2compete/covid-19-response.html
Mental Health Assistance:
- PLV Cares - Free Crisis Counseling for all PLCS Families
- Hotline: 531-444-CARE (2273) or visit: www.plvcares.org
- Boys Town National Hotline
- Hotline: 1-800-448-3000.
- Email for speech- and hearing-impaired: email@example.com
- More information: https://www.boystown.org/hotline/Pages/default.aspx
- The Nebraska Family Helpline
- Helpline: 1-888-866-8660
- More information: http://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/Nebraska-Family-Helpline.aspx
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster
- Hotline: 1-800-985-5990 & Messaging: text TalkWithUs to 66746.
- More information: https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline
Immediate Safety Needs