What can parents do?
PLCS is committed to partnering with the health experts to conduct a public awareness campaign to change behaviors of students, staff, parents and community members. The best way to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus is to prevent the spread of germs. We encourage parents to partner with us in the effort and talk with your children.
Please talk to your children and model at home the basic procedures to prevent the spread of germs.
- Good hand washing with soap for at least 20 seconds. Particularly after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Keeping hands away from nose, mouth and eyes.
- Avoid direct contact with high touch areas like doorknobs and light switches.
- Avoid close contact with sick people (recommended 6 ft away).
- Stay home and keep your children home when sick.
- Remind children the importance of using healthy behavior at school.
Will parents and staff know if a student or staff member is confirmed with the COVID-19 and has been in school?
- We will communicate immediately and take many next steps, if we have a confirmed case in our schools.
- There are many rumors of students or staff being tested or being confirmed. Please help us control these rumors with your children. Know we will share this information immediately, if there is a confirmed case in our schools.