National Honor Society
Club Sponsors: Karlie Hermsen and Kerri Homan
What is National Honor Society?
- A group made up of juniors and seniors who apply for membership
- A group whose members must meet the four criteria of character, leadership, scholarship, and service
- A group that promotes volunteerism by its members performing service projects for the school and the community
Who is eligible for NHS?
- Juniors and seniors who have at least a 3.5 weighted GPA
- Juniors and seniors who have completed the application process
- Juniors and seniors who have demonstrated a commitment to:
- Community service
- Development of character
- (Students’ applications will be evaluated on the 4 criteria listed above.)
- Students who have attended PL-South for the equivalent of 1 semester
What are some of the service projects that members participate in?
- Tutoring at night school
- Babysitting for Elementary school PTO meetings
- Elementary School fall and spring carnivals
- NHS group service projects
- Walnut Creek clean up
- Tri-City Food Pantry scavenger hunt