PLCS Announces Bond Issue - NO TAX RATE INCREASE (May 9th Election)
The PLCS Board of Education has voted to move forward with a Bond Issue!
The PLCS Board of Education voted on February 27, 2023 to hold a special mail election asking PLCS residents to vote on the Bond Proposal. For the past 8 months the Board has been collecting feedback from staff and community on the facility needs. Based on that feedback the final project list was determined and a decision was made to move forward with asking the community to vote. Staff and community members are invited to come learn more about this Bond and the impact that these projects would have on our continuing excellence. The Bond Issue projects will:
- Improve safety & security.
- Update older facilities to today’s standard of greatness.
- Serve projected growth in student enrollment.
PLCS and the Board of Education are holding several informational meetings to give more information to the community regarding the 2023 Bond Issue. Parents and community members will have numerous opportunities to gather more information before they vote. You can also participate on your own schedule:
- Join the Facebook group Let’s Talk PLC Schools Bond for more information and discussion! This Facebook group will contain information about the 2023 Bond Issue.
- Look through the final project list and then ask any questions you might have here.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Final Bond Project List 2023
Safety and Security Improvements
Secure Entrances & Updates: Bell, Hickory Hill, Patriot, Portal, and Walnut Creek
Update Older Facilities: Parkview Heights, Tara Heights, and Trumble Park
Serve Projected Student Growth: New Elementary School
La Vista and Papillion Middle Schools
PLHS and PLSHS
Young Adult Transition Program (YATP)
Serve Projected Student Growth: Future School Property