2022 Facility Needs Proposal
PLCS is gathering community feedback on Facility Needs projects!
A list of potential Facility Needs projects for Papillion La Vista Community has been developed. Staff and community feedback is needed to determine if a bond issue is needed; what the timing of a bond issue should be and what projects need to be included. The list of the projects currently included in the Facility Needs proposal focus on:
Improving safety & security.
Updating older facilities to today’s standard of greatness.
Accommodating a growing student population.
PLCS and the Board of Education have started the community engagement process to collect feedback on the Facility Needs proposal. Parents and community members will have numerous opportunities to provide feedback. Nothing in the current proposal is final. The staff and community feedback will drive whether there is a future bond issue, when a bond issue should be and what projects should be included. The engagement/feedback opportunities include:
- Community Forums, October 20 at PLSHS or October 27 at PLHS, both at 6:00pm. Each forum includes a brief presentation followed by the opportunity to share your feedback.
- Discovery Tour, 8:00am-1:00pm on October 28. Tour schools and learn how the Facility Needs proposal would impact schools and students. The tour concludes with lunch and a discussion with PLCS Superintendent Dr. Andy Rikli. To register, click here.
- Facebook Live, 6:00pm on November 7. Join us on the Papillion La Vista Community Schools page! You will see the presentation and be able to ask questions via Facebook Live.
- Neighborhood school presentations - 30-minute presentations will be given at each elementary school throughout October and November. Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions and share their feedback. A detailed schedule can be found here.
You can also participate on your own schedule:
- Join the Facebook group Let’s Talk PLC Schools Bond for more information and discussion! This Facebook group will contain information about the current facilities proposal.
- Look through the project list and/or watch a recording of the presentation here and then complete the feedback form.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with feedback and questions.