Who should take part in the Tool & Die Apprenticeship?
Do you like working with tools and machinery? Do you dream of how to make tools work better for you. Then this academy is for you!
What is the Tool & Die Apprenticeship?
The Tool & Die Apprenticeship provides students the opportunity to learn about areas including: CNC Operators, programmers, general machinists, tool design, and tool and die making.
- Must complete an application and interview and be selected to participate.
- Must be a junior or senior in the fall.
- Must have completed MCC Pre-College Assessment Test.
- Must have a strong school and work attendance record and positive references indicating an aptitude for the work.
- Must be willing to submit to a drug test if selected to be a finalist.
Location: Tri-V Tool & Manufacturing Company located at 13434 Centech Rd.
Time: Internship runs Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Transportation: No. Students are responsible for transportation to and from apprenticeship.
Credit Options: High school elective credit.
Cost: Students are responsible for purchasing steel-toe boots.
Articulation: Paid internship qualifies students for pre-apprenticeship hours towards a registered U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Apprenticeship.
How to Apply
To apply for a PLC Schools academy program, students must complete an online application. Applications for the 2016-17 school year will be available in November 2015.
How can you learn more?
For more information please contact:
• Guidance counselor at your high school
• Contact the Academy Programs Office at 402-537-6217