Parent & Student Responsibilities
Your son/daughter has been issued a laptop computer to improve and personalize his/her education. It is essential that the following guidelines be followed to ensure the safe, efficient, and ethical operation of this computer
- I will supervise my child’s use of the laptop computer while at home.
- I will discuss our family’s values, rules, and expectations regarding the use of the computer and the Internet while at home.
- I will not attempt to repair the laptop computer.
- I will report to the school any problems with the laptop.
- I will make sure that my child recharges the laptop computer battery nightly.
- I will make sure my child brings the laptop computer to school every day.
- I agree to make sure that the laptop computer is returned to the school when requested by school officials and/or upon my child’s withdrawal from Papillion La Vista Community Schools.
- Papillion La Vista Community Schools is not responsible for providing home Internet connectivity.
- I will make sure my child is aware of the student responsibilities listed on this document.
Your laptop computer is an important learning tool and is for educational purposes only. In order to take your laptop computer home each day, you must be willing to accept the following responsibilities.
- When using the laptop computer at home, at school, and anywhere else I may take it, I will follow the policies of Papillion La Vista Community Schools – especially the Student Code of Conduct – and abide by all local, state, and federal laws.
- I will treat the laptop computer with care by not dropping it, getting it wet, leaving it outdoors, or using it with food or drink nearby.
- My laptop computer is my responsibility and will stay in my possession at all times.
- I will not modify and/or add any software on the laptop computer.
- I will honor my family’s values, rules and expectations when using the laptop computer.
- I will not release personal information to strangers when using the laptop computer.
- I will bring the laptop computer to school every day fully charged.
- I will keep all accounts and passwords assigned to me secure and will not share these with any other students.
- I will clean my laptop computer using procedures approved by the District.
- I will not loan my computer to other students.
- I will return the laptop computer when requested and/or upon my withdrawal from Papillion La Vista Community Schools.
- I will keep the laptop computer in its protective carrying case/bag provided by the school when not in use or when it is being transported.