Did you Know? Facts about the Learning Community.
- PLC Schools has lost over $5.2 million in revenue since the implementation of the Learning Community.
- Just under $4 million dollars was spent during the 2013-14 school year (most recent available) by the state to fund transportation of open enrollment students due to the Learning Community.
- When the Learning Community was formed in 2007 $1 million annually was appropriated by the state for operation of this additional governance layer.
- The Learning Community is placing an extra burden on taxpayers in PLC Schools and throughout the entire state.
- Student achievement for students in K-12th grade is not improved by the Learning Community and diversity in our schools has not significantly been impacted by the Learning Community.