What is the Learning Community?
- It legislates shared responsibility for all students in the 11 Douglas and Sarpy school districts.
- It adds another layer of governance on top of the school boards.
- It opens the enrollment in the 11 school districts, allowing students to go to any of the 11 districts. Transportation will be provided it the student’s attendance in a LC school helps to create a balance in the socio-economic student demographics among the Douglas and Sarpy school districts.
- It pools taxes and state funding for the 11 school districts and redistributes.
- It allows for the establishment of focus schools to draw students into neighboring school districts.
- It freezes all school district boundaries, which limits economic growth in the Papillion area.