Sarpy County Cooperative Head Start and Early Head Start
Head Start is a free program for families who meet the eligibility requirements and reside in Sarpy County. The program offers education, health, nutrition, and family support and disability services.
Click here to visit the Sarpy County Head Start website.
Early Head Start - Birth to Age 3
- Center based program for parents working or going to school (7.5 hours per day)
- Home based program - weekly visits by a Home Visitor conducting educational activities with the child and parent.
- Pregnant Women program - Health and Nutrition Manager provides health, nutrition, dental, and mental health information on monthly visits prior to the birth of the child.
Head Start - Ages 3 and 4
- Preschool child development program 3.5 hours a day
- Preschool child development program 7.5 hours a day for parents that are working or going to school.
To apply, please go to 701 Olson Drive, in Papillion and please bring:
- Income verification - One of the following: 1040, w-2, TANF statement, 12 months of pay check stubs, or letter from employer
- Birth Certificate of Child
- Immunization Record of child
- Address Verification
This is a cooperative of Bellevue, Papillion La Vista, South Sarpy District 46, and Gretna Public Schools.