• Two students working together on painting

    What if I have questions about my child’s development?

    You can contact the PLCS Early Childhood Center at 402-514-3243.

    If your child is three years of age, you will be sent a parent questionnaire to complete and return. Once the questionnaire is returned to the District, you will be contacted by an Early Childhood Specialist, and together you will determine the next steps to address your questions.

    If your child is not yet three years of age, a Services Coordinator will contact you and set up a meeting to gather additional information and determine next steps.

    If it is determined your child needs an evaluation, and if your child is eligible for early intervention according to state and federal guidelines, your child’s educational team will develop an Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) or Individualized Education Plan (IEP) which is based on the needs of your child. The most appropriate placement, as well as any necessary related services, will be determined in partnership with you by the IEP/IFSP team.