High Ability Learner Program Goals
- Identify students among all populations who demonstrate potential abilities of high performance.
- Support the social-emotional needs of students to ensure that children with high abilities continue to develop lifelong skills such as persistence, patience, perseverance, and self-advocacy.
- Provide professional development opportunities for staff to promote a better understanding of the unique needs of children with high abilities.
- Provide support and rigorous educational services by collaborating with school personnel.
- Communicate and advocate for the needs of children with high abilities and the programs that support them.
- Engage in continuous evaluation and improvement of the HAL program.
- Provide opportunities for students to collaborate with intellectual peers and develop creativity, communication, and critical thinking skills necessary for a changing world.