Welcome Military Families
On behalf of Papillion La Vista South High School, welcome! Our school is honored to serve you and your family. This webpage serves as our hub for information related to our school and how we can best meet your needs.
Learning More About Papillion La Vista South High School
To learn more about Papillion La Vista South High School (PLSHS), please feel free to contact the school at (402)829-4600. We would be happy to answer your questions and/or set up a tour of our facilities.
If you have any questions throughout the process, feel free to contact:
Jeff Nichols, NJROTC Instructor
email@example.com or 402-829-4600
April is Military Child Month
- Week 1
- Donuts with coffee and juice for military students and families.
- World map will be propped up on the window in the cafeteria with pins so students can place a pin on where they have lived around the world. This will be placed in the NJROTC trophy case so it can be updated if we have any new military students transfer in.
- Week 2
- Students and staff will wear purple to represent April as military child month. Signs will be posted around school.
- Week 3
- Students and staff will wear red to represent those deployed.
- Week 4
- We hosted a scavenger hunt for staff members related to the military. The winner will receive a prize!
- Announcements to celebrate military students and families.
State law requires that parents enrolling their child for the first time in Papillion La Vista Community Schools must provide either of the following:
- A certified copy of the student’s birth certificate within 30 days of enrollment.
- Other reliable proof of the student’s identity and age must be accompanied by an affidavit explaining the inability to produce a copy of the birth certificate.
Click here for more information about enrolling in Papillion La Vista Community Schools.
A PLSHS school counselor will personally walk you and your child through academic planning for the school year and beyond.
Information on school requirements can be found in our student handbook.
PLSHS course offerings can be found in our course registration book.
PLSHS publishes and sends a Titan Telegraph weekly to parents. Students will also receive a Student Bulletin every day.
Want to stay connected to PLSHS? Do you want to be in the know about what activities are taking place today? Interested in your student’s grades or attendance? The App is Where It’s At!
Don't miss out on this great communication tool. Download the FREE School District app today to stay connected! Search for "Papillion La Vista Community Schools" on your phone's app store.
Stay up to date with events and activities at PLSHS with the school calendar.
PLSHS has active Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts where we frequently share information about our school community and activities. Consider joining us by following our Facebook page, Istagram account or liking our Twitter account.
When you register with Papillion La Vista Community Schools you will be asked for your email address(es) to be included in our Student Information System. This will ensure you receive messages sent by the District, school and teachers through our mass communication system, Blackboard.
Ways to be Involved
You are welcome and encouraged to join the Titan Defenders Parent-Teacher Association. Click here to learn more about the Titan Defenders.
- Week 1