What is the PTO?
Our mission as a Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) at G. Stanley Hall is to enhance and support the educational experience at G. Stanley Hall, to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parent involvement, and to improve the environment at G. Stanley Hall through volunteer and financial support. The PTO also sponsors and organizes fundraising and school events, which deepen our community spirit and enrich our children's educational, social, and developmental experiences at G. Stanley Hall.
When do the meeting take place? 6:30 PM for the dates listed below.
Where do the meeting take place?
The meetings are held at G. Stanley Hall in the Library. We do offer FREE childcare!
Why be a part of the PTO?
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTO offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTO functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTO, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTO can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTO member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education. Because education IS important.
- It takes an army! To put on all of these events and fundraisers for everyone to enjoy, there are many volunteers needed to help run or be in charge of these events. Can you volunteer? Even if it is just one hour of your time? With out volunteers, we wouldn't be able to hold the events that help bring us together. We wouldn't be able to help support our school in so many ways.
How does being in the PTO support our school?
These are some of the events that the PTO was able to support in years past: school field trips, Dare program, Outdoor Ed for 6th graders and various other after school clubs. We purchase "Book Cart Books" to help promote reading, a new set of drums for music, gym equipment for P.E. classes, we provided the students with entertainment from Magician, Jeff Quinn for valentines day along with snacks and juice. We purchase new pencil sharpeners for the staff and a new Cricut machine for the whole staff to use. We also sponsored Author Patricia Polacco to speak to the older grades.