High Ability Learners Program (HAL)
HAL Program Mission Statement:
The mission of the High Ability Learner Program is to recognize, support, and respect the exceptional intellectual, academic and social-emotional needs of high ability learners. We are therefore committed to providing rigorous, differentiated opportunities that intellectually and personally empower students for a changing world.
HAL Program Beliefs:
- We believe that equity in education exists when all students are provided learning experiences matched to their abilities, needs and interests.
- We believe that exceptional gifts and talents can be in the areas of academics, the arts, kinesthetic abilities, leadership, interpersonal skills, creativity and problem solving.
- We believe that exceptional gifts and talents can be found in all cultures and in special needs students.
- We are a part of the Papillion La Vista Community Schools and will work in harmony with the district’s mission statement and beliefs.
- We believe that gifted education enhances educational opportunities provided in all classrooms to all students.
- We believe that gifted education is a right, not a privilege, for every identified student in Papillion La Vista Community Schools.