2021-22 Return to School Plan
Overall Goals of the Return to School Plan
- Provide students a quality education in person by a teacher.
- Protect the physical and mental health of all students & staff.
- Return to normal procedures, as much as possible.
- Provide programs & interventions that address learning loss.
- Masks are recommended for all schools.
- Masks will be required if a school's absentee rate for illness reaches a 3 day average of 7% or higher.
- For more information click here
- Continue cleaning protocols:
- Custodians will clean high touch areas.
- Students/teachers clean desk tops (min. 2x/day).
- Optional cleaning for students at anytime.
- Continue routine hand washing & sanitizing
- Hand sanitizer in every classroom.
- Hand washing built into schedule.
- Parents continue to utilize symptom checker and keep students home if they are sick
- Students continue to bring water bottles
- Water fountains not available only bottle fillers
- Continue air quality standards.
- No vendor food deliveries for students.
- Outside food deliveries for staff need to be coordinated by that staff member.
- Continuation of USDA Free Lunch Program for all students.
Please note: PLCS will adjust protocols (including face covering requirements) as necessary to address changing conditions. During the 2021-2022 school year, protocols and requirements may change for a specific school building, program, classroom or setting based on number of positive cases, contact tracing, community test positivity rate, community conditions and risk of spread.
- Student Arrival time - 7:50- 8:05 am
- Dismissal time - 3:05-3:20 pm
- Specific staggered start & stop times determined and shared by school
- Supervision starts at 7:45 am.
- Students enter designated doors and proceed directly to classroom.
- Students will be allowed to work in small groups.
- Lunch all students will social distance (3ft) both cafeteria & classrooms will be utilized.
- Due to limited space, no visitors at lunch at this time.
- Recommended 2 recess/day for max of 30 minutes.
- Opportunities for adults to return to school while minimizing large group gatherings.
- Parent events will open house and music programs will be allowed.
Middle School & High School Protocols
- School Day- 8:00-3:10 (MS) 8:00-3:20 (HS).
- Late Start Wednesday 8:20 am.
- Lunch seating and food options return to normal.
- Lockers allowed.
- Activities & athletics return to normal.
Mental Health Support
Understanding that this has been a challenging time for students, staff and families, PLCS will continue to focus on ways we can support everyone with their mental wellness. Some example include:
- Continue use of student mental health screener.
- Promotion of hotline for students & parents.
- Promotion of Employee Assistance Program for staff.
- Continuation of Social and Emotional Learning curriculum.
- Counselors and social workers available as a resource for all.